It’s hard since we live together and he doesn’t want to get me pregnant; we haven’t had sex in over two months. He was so sweet about it though, when I was getting undressed so that I could get ready for bed. He just started running his hands over my body and kissing my curves and my imperfections, telling me how beautiful I am and how lucky he is to have me, and the next thing you know we’re cuddled up in the blankets, kissing, touching each other gently, looking into each other’s eyes, keeping each other warm in this winter storm and in the glow of the candles that he lit when I wasn’t looking… Absolutely wonderful. This is the kind of night that I’ve desired for so long. I’ve missed this romantic side of him. But hey, the less romantic stuff he does the more I appreciate it, right? And besides, we do spend every day together. I am so lucky and so happy and thankful to have him in my life :)
I live in southern Minneapolis, Minnesota with the love of my life and fiance, Travis. <3 I also teach preschool as an assistant teacher while going to school, and plan to become full-time within a year or two while working on my Bachelor's degree so that I can become a lead teacher.
I adore fashion, Japan, anime, Studio Ghibli. video games, photography, cappuccino, green tea, good eats, starry skies, music, romance, candles, sunlight, color, teaching, learning, love, travel, open thought, TV shows, dachshunds, huskies, shiba inus, and GLBT support.
I don’t care whether it’s the rain freezing on the roads, or the snow fall intensifying overnight- I just don’t want to have to walk to my bus stop through alla that crap.
I miss Naoto.
Already missing the kids from NHA.
On the bright side, I got an email back from one of the NHA centers asking for me to schedule an interview :) I just hope that I do well with it, and that I can manage to get this job.
I would work with school-age children. I would work full-time In the summer (40 hours a week) and then part-time in the afternoons. I don’t know what the pay would be, but I don’t care so much about that as I do about having a job, period. I have had rotten luck in getting a job up here so far (like I’m sure most everyone else has had in this economy) so I just want a job.
I want a job, in order to fulfill the following reasons:
Get an apartment, or
Get a car (which could be more helpful since we’ve already spent more repairing our car than what we got it for)
Pay off the remaining $ leftover owed for tuition each semester
Afford healthier food, be able to eat a variety
Be able to have relevant experience to my field
Not have to rely on my parents to pay for everything when I visit
- I get anxious when I sit for long periods of time. Because of the way I was raised, I have to be constantly moving and doing something.
- I love children with a passion. And they have a tendency to gravitate towards me. I hope I get a job with the place I’m observing/mentoring at, because I feel that not only I will be upset when I’m done, but the children would be too.
- If I could choose to have a second career, it would be photography. I loved it so much when I was growing up, and my parents would let me use their Canons until I moved out. A Nikon or Canon will probably be my Christmas/birthday present wish.
- I used to have a great memory, then after my freshman year of college (which was pretty traumatic for me) I lost a lot of my memory capabilities. I’m starting to get it back though.
- I love music so much. When I was a junior in high school I wanted to become a DJ and also be a manager of a band or music group.
- I have an immensely low tolerance for rude and arrogant people.
- I love quotes because they put emotions/thoughts into words that I could have never formulated on my own.
- I own more jeans than I do shirts. And I have three dresses that I have not worn yet. But when spring rolls around in late March/early April, I will be ready with knee-highs, cardigans and my boots.
- I live with my boyfriend, his grandpa, aunt and her three children. And occasionally my boyfriend’s grandpa’s friend, who is a hobo, resides/chills there for a couple days.
- I love candles so much. I have about 8 that I cycle through on a candle warmer. That thing has become my best friend.
- I have no sense of direction. I am entirely reliant on landmarks.
- I thoroughly enjoy making awkward people/situations feel more awkward.
- I used to like scary movies. Then once I met Travis I quit watching them because I would get too scared and he wasn’t all that interested in them anyway. Then we started watching the Walking Dead, and I’ve gotten my gore/drama back on.
- I have the tendency to fall into situations where people are fighting then choose to put me in the middle of it, even if I had nothing to do with it. I hate it.
- I almost died at birth. I cherish every day because I wouldn’t be here right now.
- Harsh as reality and people may be, I refuse to lose the capacity to love.
- I haven’t had a job in a couple years, so I’m thankful to have the help and support of my parents and my boyfriend.
- I’m happy not to hold grudges as my boyfriend’s aunt does.
- On that note, I am learning to be okay with the fact that she will never truly be happy with me and with Travis until she learns to let go and be mature.
- I leave the door open when I pee if no one is home. Hell, sometimes I leave it slightly open when my roomies are home, haha. :P
- My hair is naturally wavy. It looks good when I first get out of the shower, and then after an hour it just juts out in the weirdest places. Even if I’ve straightened it.
- I make hella good french toast. People keep telling me to open a restaurant and sell only french toast, bacon, sausage, eggs of all varieties and orange juice. Yet I never fail to burn grilled cheese. I don’t know why… maybe it’s my timing.
- No one but my boyfriend and some people here on Tumblr knows that I am pansexual. I haven’t felt the need to bring it up with my parents, because I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years so it’s almost unnecessary.
- I hate making a big deal about my birthday. Don’t care for the attention. No gifts, no big party, just good small company and love. My family still tries to pooh-pooh over me though.
- It bugs me when I’m clearly working on homework and other people expect me to drop everything and worry about what they’re doing or saying.
- I’m thankful to live in mid-Minnesota and have the only natural disasters be tornadoes and blizzards. And with living in the Twin Cities I don’t really have to worry much about blizzards since it’s naturally warmer in cities. Besides, Minnesota is known for its cold, not its snow.
- I could live in sweaters/cardigans and boots and jeans forever.
- Sometimes I still think it’s fun to make wishes on the first stars I see at night. Heh.
- I love languages so much. I fell in love with them for the first time when my dad started teaching me German. I have learned German, Vietnamese, French and Spanish. I’ve forgotten most of my German and Vietnamese, but I’m hoping to get back to learning them again. I feel so awesome being able to talk to other people in other languages- it gives me a worldly sense.
- In regards to trying things and things that have been done, not as innocent as many may assume.
I had a previous Tumblr account but then it got deleted, and while I had that account Cat was one of the first friends I made here on Tumblr. We don’t talk quite as much these days, but I still love her bows and she has an awesome blog! Check out her store, and follow her!
I can’t believe my other Tumblr got erased… I miss it so much.
I love you so much Travis! To many more months and years together, as best friends, lovers and someday husband and wife. <3
- Had a fight with Julia, we are no longer friends. (She basically told us that her boyfriend was more important than Travis’s birthday, and then didn’t understand why we were so upset. Her boyfriend, who dumped her the weekend prior to Travis’s birthday and left her devastated, then he decided to get back together with her the Monday after. She said that she “didn’t feel up to anything” when we had made plans a long time before to go out to eat for breakfast and hang out. So Travis got pissed and told her off. This isn’t the first time she’s cancelled or changed plans on us. It’ll be the last time that she does too. She used to be very independent, and insisted that anyone that she would marry would take her last name, or she wouldn’t get married at all. Now she’s a completely different person, one we cannot stand sadly.)
- Because we are no longer friends with Julia, we will no longer be getting the apartment with her (and that’s fine with me, the one she was staying in was crap anyway)
- Then Alexis came over and cheered us up. She took us out to eat, let us talk through all of our issues over Julia, and then she said that if we wanted to, if I can manage to get a job and get some scholarships, that we could move into an apartment with her because she wants to go to school, and she doesn’t want to live with her aunt and uncle much longer anyway. So we’ve got a better plan which is good.
- Found the Minnesota Reading Corps, and I plan to apply to it next week. As a part-time tutor I would have a $250 biweekly living allowance, $2,775 awarded as a scholarship if I work the whole year (which would pay for half of my schooling next year), and 20 hours per week that I’d have to work, which is fine with me because I don’t want to work any more than that with my full-time school going on. I should have a good chance of getting this job anyway because I have the education and skills for it and plan to go into education so they’ll have a higher preference for someone like me.
- Travis would continue working at his job, and together (if I manage to get the MRC job) we’d make enough to live comfortably in an apartment with Alexis.
- Alexis will be applying for a full-time job pretty much anywhere near where she’s living right now, so she’ll have $1000 left over after paying her aunt and uncle rent. She can then save up that money to get an apartment or to have in the case that Travis or I are jobless or have a hard time paying at the moment. She’s a “scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours” kind of person- getting out of her aunt and uncle’s place is her highest priority at the moment.
In other news, I took a clipper to my hair and thinned it out. I think it looks pretty good, and it will look good when it’s my natural wave and when I straighten it. :) I hope to have some pictures of it up soon.
It’s good to be back on Tumblr. :)